Troon (South Beach)
South Beach is one of the most famous beaches in Scotland for kitesurfers and has a great reputation around Europe.
The spot works well in all tides but is generally less choppy when the tide is low.
Nice shallow location with a gradual decent, becoming out of depth as distance from shore increases.
The local kitesurfing scene is really friendly around here and everyone is always looking out for each other. If there is wind we can pretty much guarantee there will be a good few kites out
• Direction - S,SW,W
• Wind speed - Forecast (Please refer to weather app)
• Water Conditions - Gradual decent, choppy with decent sized waves further out. Flat at low tide.
• School - Kitesurf Scotland.
• Hazards - You have black rock towards prestwick but this is always well upwind of you but still be aware as at high tide the rocks are covered. Also, at high tide there is not a great deal of beach so remain vigilant as South beach is popular with tourists, especially in the summer months!
Forecasts and Live weather reports
• Xcweather - is the most reliable and favourable with the school and locals, simply click the link for direct result
• Beach Stats - Live feed direct from South beach
• Kitesurf Scotland - Providing lessons from beginner to advance level 7 days per week. Feel free to email or call and we will be more than happy to meet you show you around the spot!
Kitesurfing communities within Troon
The kitesurfing community in Troon is one of the biggest in Scotland. We can almost guarantee that if there is wind someone will be kitesurfing! Most kitesurfers will post in the local facebook community page